Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cascade Camping Weekend – One Find

No Box Up Here - Lookout Over Lake McCall - Lizman
The Perfect LB Hiding Hole - HA! HA!

We Found Tilting Twins!

What's that Buzzing? - Quick Take The Picture!
Lake Cascade - Just Starting to Rain - Checking My Boxes

Aside from checking some of my older boxes in and around Cascade Lake I did manager to locate a new box near Ponderosa State Park in McCall. The clues are only listed on LBNA:


Tilting Twins
http://www.letterboxing.org/BoxView.php?boxnum=43088&boxname=Tilting_Twins


It was an absolutely beautiful near McCall Lake with the sun shining and the water lapping against the shore. We did encounter two snakes on our walk over the rocks to locate the box. In addition I forgot to coat myself in insect repellent and the mosquitos saw me the minute I stepped out of the car. I swear they were yelling “Dinner is Ready” as I was stamping in. I was moving incredible fast to get logged in (we were the first finders) and replant the box before I was eaten alive. Well, the mosquitoes had a good laugh. As I scooted to race back to the car I tripped and “WHAM” landed face down on the rocks. Fortunately only one leg is bruised and the mosquitoes and dogs aren’t talking so my pride is not too badly injured. Sadly we left the dog leashes on the shore and didn’t realize it until we were back at Lake Cascade (about 30 miles away). We drove back the next morning but obviously someone found them and decided to keep them. Fortunately Spiffy Collars has $5.00 Friday’s http://www.spiffydog.com/home.php and I ordered Raisin and Jay new collars and leashes. I always have a back up set just in case. Thank goodness because just in case happened.


1 comment:

  1. We are going to McCall 4th of July weekend- well, staying in Twin, but headed over to see friends and stuff! We've already printed out some clues- hopefully we have time to find some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails