Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Spot of Color with Dominoes and Alcohol Ink










Today I have been working with some old dominoes I stumbled upon and my Ranger - Adirondack - Tim Holtz Alcohol inks.  Although I would not normally use such thick dominoes they were all I had on hand and they were gathering dust so why not.  I am positing this on my Letterboxing and Adventure Blog even though I made cards with the dominoes because I think this would be a fun technique on Letterbox Trading Cards (LTC's) with smaller and thinner dominoes.

In a nut shell you apply one alcohol ink to the back of an unprepared domino using a felt applicator.  Continue adding different color inks until the domino is covered and the desired look is achieved.  Due to the thickness of these dominoes I also applied the alcohol inks to the sides.  It is messy creating so I did wear rubber gloves for some of the inking.

I also stamped and embossed my dominoes.  If you are not embossing I would recommend using a black permanent ink pad.  I used my Versa Fine - Onyx Black pad (because I wanted as much fine detail as possible) and clear embossing powder.  Since my stamped image on each card is embossed I also wanted the dominoes to be embossed.

To adhere the dominoes to your project you can use glue or double-sided mounting tape.  I added background papers that matched the colors of the inks I used on the dominoes to enhance the pop of color on each card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails