Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mini Dominoes with a Spot of Color







I ordered some miniature dominoes to continue working on cards and LTC’s in conjunction with my Ranger - Adirondack - Tim Holtz Alcohol inks.  I am positing this on my Letterboxing and Adventure Blog (even though I made cards with the dominoes) as these finished dominoes are the perfect size for Letterbox Trading Cards (LTC's).

As with the larger dominoes I applied one alcohol ink to the back of an unprepared domino using a felt applicator.  You would then continue adding different color inks until the domino is covered and the desired look is achieved. 

I also stamped and embossed my dominoes for the card I created.  If you are not embossing I would recommend using a black permanent ink pad.  I used my Versa Fine - Onyx Black pad (because I wanted as much fine detail as possible) and clear embossing powder.  Since my stamped image on the card is embossed I also wanted the dominoes to be embossed.

To adhere the dominoes to your project you can use glue or double-sided mounting tape.  I added background papers that matched the colors of the inks I used on the dominoes to enhance the pop of color on each card. 

Isn’t Miss. Raisin styling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails