Saturday, September 12, 2009

Taco Soup Recipe!!!

Simmering A Fresh Batch of Taco Soup!


In 2008 I hosted a small at home gathering for Triple T and SHH called the “Taco Soup for Triple T & SHH Mini Meet.” After the event I posted the Taco Soup recipe and it was quite popular. I also served the taco soup in 2007 for another event I hosted. Now that fall is just around the corner I wanted to be sure to post it again. I just stocked the crock pot with a batch this morning. It is easy, tasty and a total crowd pleaser. I serve it over steamed rice often with cornbread or tortilla chips on the side and sour cream and cheese on top. Yummy!

Taco Soup

1.5 lb. ground beef
1 can black beans
2 small cans tomato sauce
1 can Rotl tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
½ red onion, chopped
1 can shoepeg corn
1 cup water
1 package ranch dressing
Salt & Pepper

Garnish: Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream

Serve with: Tortilla chips or corn bread. The soup can also be served over steamed rice.

Brown meat with salt and pepper, drain and set aside. Mix ranch and taco seasoning with water in a crock pot. Place corn in the crock pot. Add beef. Add all remaining ingredients. DO NOT DRAIN ANYHTING.

Cook all day on low (8 to 10 hours).

Serve with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top with a dollop of sour cream.

Easy and very flavorful!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just give this soup a rousing "two thumbs waaaay up!" ? It was absolutely wonderful!! Thanks for postin' the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails