Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hello Kitty







I confess that I am a fan of Hello Kitty. I grew up in Hawaii during the 60's, 70's and early 80's and there was a huge Japanese influence on the Big Island. As a child I loved Hello Kitty stickers, candy and other themed items like clothing and accessories. It has been neat for me to see future generations still enjoying the sweet face of Hello Kitty. Seeing Hello Kitty all around town I decided that I could resist carving a few myself. I wanted to be able to keep track of them so I have turned my four carvings (Snap, Shop, School and Smell) into Traveling Event Stamps complete with their own Hello Kitty bag, logbook and containers. I wanted to debut them at yesterday's carving event so I packed them up for their first showing. Although the LTC's are still under construction I did manage to make Hello Kitty cupcakes and I wore my Tarina Tarantino Hello Kitty Bracelet. VintageRed was the first letterboxer to find Hello Kitty in her bright pink bag. Hello Kitty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails