Sunday, October 31, 2010

Masking a Background on an LTC with Glimmer Mist









I think sometimes less is more. I wanted to create a simple LTC with a sparkling background and layers for depth. First I stamped and embossed two of the three characters in the background. I wished for them to remain colorless. I stamped and cut out the two images on transparency sheets and covered (masked) the two original embossed images. I sprayed the background with two colors of glimmer mist and blotted the extra mist with paper towels so the background would remain soft and muted. I then stamped and embossed the third image, colored it with Copic Sketch Markers and lifted it with double sided mounting tape. If you know the characters I carved and the layout I choose than you will know what movie poster I was re-creating with my own personal touch. For logbook use I did color a full set of all three images but for the LTC's the background will remain uncolored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails