Thursday, February 3, 2011

Distressing Dumbledore LTC's







Tonight I created some new LTC's with my Little Wizards Dumbledore carving. I started by stamping and heat embossing the image of Dumbledore. Next I colored Dumbledore with Copic Markers. I thought it would be fun to dress him up in different color combinations. Since the cards are identical in design I decided it might add some flair to have his wardrobe change a little on each card using different color combinations. Next I swirled on distress ink with an Ink Blending Tool. I wanted the color of the ink to be heavier towards the outside of the card and softer closer to Dubmledore (a glowing affect). I distressed the edges of the cards with my Tim Holtz Paper Distresser. I did add a bit more Distressed Ink to the edges that I distressed. I then sprayed each card with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and finally I added a drop of Diamond Glaze to his spectacles to give them the illusion of glass. Since his glasses are still wet (they need to dry over night) I can't scan the cards up close until tomorrow. Time to take my inky fingers to bed. These cards are spoken for but since Dumbledore is a new Traveling Event Box (and he is not traveling until July) I could be talked into making extra cards if anyone would like to trade for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails