Sunday, December 16, 2012

Seattle Day 3 – EMP Museum and Seattles Men's Chorus










At the EMP Museum also located at the Seattle Center they encourage you to explore some of the most significant moments in rock music, science fiction and popular culture through their exhibitions and interactive installations. This museum is where the true difference between Anthony and I was most pronounced during our Seattle weekend. Anthony is a music fan and really enjoyed the Rolling Stones, Jimmy Hendrix and Nirvana galleries. He actually saw Michael Jacksons Thriller music video for the first time on the sky church big screen. He loved all the nuggets of information from the tours, the behind the scene glimpses and the history of songs he has enjoyed for years.


I yawned my way through each exhibit up until the Worn to Be Wild Black Leather Jacket exhibit. Owning my own leather jacket and motorcycle gave me a special kinship to this exhibit. Who knew I was actually so cool?

My interest finally peaked in the Icons of Science Fiction exhibit. This exhibit Features iconic artifacts from sci-fi literature, film, television, and art, including an Imperial Dalek from Doctor Who, the command chair from the classic television series Star Trek, and Neo’s coat from The Matrix Reloaded. I recognized so many items from movies that I have really enjoyed over the years. Anthony was less than impressed. I was totally in my element and thought it was neater than peanut butter to see the Anubis Guard helmet from Stargate, The Tribbles from Star Trek and severalweapons from Men in Black.

We did stop at the EMP restaurant and bar for a flat bread pizza appetizer and iced tea before continuing our adventure. We were also treated to a holiday performance by the Seattle Men’s Chorus at the Seattle Center. They were performing select numbers from their 2012 Baby, its Cold Outside Event. It was a great treat to hear them perform since we were visiting before their actual event was hitting the stage on November 30th.

EMP Museum: http://empmuseum.org

Seattle Men’s Chorus: http://www.seattlemenschorus.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails