Sunday, December 16, 2012

Seattle Day 3 - Chihuly Garden and Glass














From the Seattle Space Needle we headed over to the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibition which is also located at the Seattle Center. This exhibition explores the inspiration and influences of Northwest artist Dale Chihuly. Dale pioneered new techniques in art and influenced generations of artists. This exhibit is a comprehensive selection of Dale Chihuly’s work. The exhibit included both indoor and outdoor spaces and a new Glasshouse that stands 40 feet tall and is constructed of glass and steel. The Glasshouse features a 100 foot long suspended sculpture. This exhibit was one of my favorite adventures in Seattle. It’s hard to describe how amazing the glass work is unless you are standing right next to it. I know my pictures do not do justice to the exhibit. This is one attraction I would not miss in Seattle and I would definitely visit again. What amazes me about art is that no two items are ever exactly the same. I love the randomness of art.


Chihuly Garden and Glass - http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails