Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day Two Morning Adventures in Coeur d'Alene











 
Day two in Coeur d'Alene had Anthony out to the baseball fields bright and early.  After dropping him off I stopped by the local Farmers Market.  They had lots of live plants, fresh produce and a few vendors with natural products like honey and handmade soap.  They also had live music and food vendors. 
 
I thought it would be fun to have my face painted since most items were not something I could take back to the hotel.  So I stood in line with all the little girls and then had some pirate flair painted on my face.  One side to resemble a bandana hanging down and the other black swirls with glitter.  Now you realize when you have your face painted at 8 a.m. that you will be wearing the paint all day long.  Most of the time I would forget that it was painted and wonder why people were staring at me.  Even the gal at the Starbucks window said they were curious about what I was up to when they saw me on their drive thru monitor.  It was really funny. 





After the Farmers Market it was back to planting for me.  I had two Pirate themed boxes to plant near the lake.  I discovered the beautiful Riverstone Park near the lake and used it as my starting point.

Address: Riverstone Park - 1805 Tilford Lane, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Directions: Directions: From I-90 take NW Boulevard south, turn right Lakewood Drive, turn right on Riverstone Drive, left N Beebe Blvd, and right on Tilford Lane.

Additional Park Information: http://www.cdaidparks.org/index.php/parks/riverstone

Since the park received a lot of foot/bike and pet traffic and is very well maintained I planted the boxes along the trail (North Idaho Centennial walking/biking trail) that runs past the park.  It was pretty hot out and I was trying to be discreet (face paint and all) while I was slinking around the trees and bushes off of the walk way.  I ended up planting pretty fast because of the constant stream of people using the path so I am hoping the two boxes I planted last for a while.

I returned again to the hotel after lunch at Red Robin and logged in the clues to both boxes I planted before picking up Anthony again from the fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails