Sunday, August 10, 2014

Motorcycle Ride to Joseph Oregon via Hells Canyon















On Friday Anthony and I rode to Joesph, Oregon via Hells Canyon. This was our maiden voyage on the new motorcycle riding as a couple. On short rides I ride my own motorcycle but I have been really looking forward to a longer trip together on the Ultra Classic.  Anthony's previous bike was a Road Star and it honestly was not very comfortable for me on the back as it featured a very small back rest and seat.  The Ultra Classic features a full back seat (your buns are supported) and a complete backrest instead of a small one in the middle of your back.  It was like sitting in a real chair.  

It was a wonderful ride on my back (very comfortable) and it gave me an opportunity to sight-see that I do not get when I normally ride (because I am busy watching the road and mentally dealing with the technicality of the turns).   There is a lot going on when you ride your own motorcycle and sight seeing is best left to pulling over and taking a good long look around vs. trying to do it while you drive.

If you have never been on the back of a motorcycle before here is your opportunity to live vicariously via my back seat snap shots. In one you can even see me in the reflection of Anthony's helmet. It was a beautiful ride and perfect start to a great weekend. Hay look there's a cow in the road! Beep! Beep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails