Monday, July 27, 2015

Hello Kitty Traveling Event Box Continues to Grow



A little repeated history:  I grew up in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Many of the influences of my childhood were Japanese inspired because of the Japanese population on the Big Island. I was about 9 years old when Hello Kitty was introduced to the world. Naturally I loved the sweet face of Hello Kitty immediately. Growing up I purchased Hello Kitty stickers and other items with Hello Kitty prominently displayed. Imagine my delight to see Hello Kitty's popularity still going strong today.

Hello Kitty is still everywhere today and in 2010 I started a Traveling Event Letterbox of Hello Kitty stamps.  Since then my collection has grown from the 4 original stamps to 20.  There are so many fun and adorable images of Hello Kitty out there I could probably carve Hello Kitty forever.

Since I am co-hosting a Star Wars themed Letterboxing event in December in Idaho I could not pass up on the fun Hello Kitty images that were just begging to feel the force.  Above are three of my recent Hello Kitty carvings that have been added to the Event.  None are perfect and I somehow have managed to end up with all different sizes but I think these will be fun table tops for our event participants to enjoy.  As far as new stamps go there are 10 in this Traveling Event Box that have yet to be found.  All but 2 of the 10 are Star Wars themed.  And who knows I may add more as time allows.  I just can't help myself!

Star Wars - The Letterboxing Force Awakens Event

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails