Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Published Card Submissions with Stampington and Company












I have been amazingly blessed to have been published in four separate Stampington & Company magazines recently.  Magazine submissions are very time consuming.  It takes a lot of work to get each card's supplies and instructions documented, labeled, packaged carefully and into the mail.  But seeing your art in full color and your name with the cards is worth the extra time and effort.  I am not sure of the volume of submission each magazine receives but I do know that they receive submissions from all over the world.  I am very humbled that they have picked my art to grace their pages. 

The issue on top is from Take Ten - Autumn 2015.  Take Ten offers rubber stamp enthusiasts of all levels great ideas for creating quick and easy cards in less than 10 minutes. I created two cards featuring tiny wood houses sprayed with Glimmer Mist and was really just playing with these card designs.

The next pictured magazine is the Stampers' Sampler - July, August, September 2015.  This delightful magazine provides over 200 cards and stamped project ideas — complete with detailed shots and step-by-step instructions to provide an added dose of paper crafting inspiration. They actually featured three owl cards of mine on page 76 (not pictured) and the Steampunk Halloween cards that I created on pages 46 and 47.  I really loved creating these cards as Halloween is my favorite holiday and Steampunk is so delicious.  The two go together perfectly.

The third magazine above is Somerset Studio Gallery - Summer 2015.  This beautiful magazine is filled with hundreds of samples of extraordinary artwork presented up close and in detail. It includes rubber stamping, calligraphy and paper crafting in each issue.  I have never been published in this magazine before so I was very excited.  They selected two of my domino/oriental inspired cards to publish. 

And the last magazine pictured above is another issue of Take Ten - Summer 2015.  I created a whole set of cards featuring simple stamping and badges and they selected four different designs to print.  These were very fun and fast cards to create.

I guess it's back to my art studio to dream up new submissions and creations.  

Stampington & Company - https://stampington.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails