Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunshine and Stolen Boxes in Star









It is an absolutely beautiful afternoon in Boise. I have been on the go all day since before 9:00 a.m. but made it a quest of mine to hunt for more of my own boxes today. The thrill continued this afternoon in both Boise and Star. I wish that I had a more positive report based on the beauty of the day. Unfortunately I discovered vandalism and missing boxes just about every where I visited. Even though my boxes were gone or destroyed the sunshine made the discovery (or lack of) really just a formality in confirming what I expected. I have stopped wondering if the boxes were vandalized, taken by Muggles or a combination of both (vandalized and then taken). It's really a waste of my time to give it more than a quick thought. Now I just grab any remains, make my updates and continue down the trail. The Pei's of Adventure enjoyed the outing and Lisman devoured the eats at Delsa's. While at Star Cemetery I snapped the pictures above. I often wonder when they plant trees near graves if they realize how large these trees are going to become. Many of them seem to topple grave stones as their width increases year after year. I shot a few pictures today of grave stones that are slowly being moved over by the forces of nature. I wonder what is happening underground.

Boise, Idaho Boxes:
Delsa's Homemade Ice Cream, Boise - Vandalized (Back of Vandalized Logbook Above)
Shamrock Luck, Boise - MIA

Star, Idaho Boxes:
A-Bear Finds 400, Star - MIA
Nightmare Before Christmas - Oogie Boogie, Star - MIA
Nightmare Before Christmas - Zero, Star - MIA

I checked on two of A-Bears Star boxes too:
Two Hearts, Star - Alive
Milkshake, Star - Appears to be MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails