Monday, March 15, 2010

Halloween Inspired LTCs with Glimmer Mist









I have been working on some new Halloween inspired LTC's using the boxes I planted at the A-MAZ-ing Letterbox Event October 23, 2009. Capperpillar and I both carved and planted 6 Halloween images each in the corn maze that night and then pulled them for eventual re-planting. I realized that since we had carved small images that they were the perfect size for LTC's. I have just created LTC's for three of my six images.
Recently I started playing with the concept of how I wanted the cards to turn out. I have been itching to use my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists on some LTC's and these cards seemed like the perfect starting point. I used book pages for my background and applied them with gel medium and a brayer. Once they were dry I trimmed the excess paper from each card.

I started with one color of Glimmer Mist and then added a second color building up my background. Once dry I laid a screen over the top of each card and sprayed the darkest color over the top giving the negative illusion of an iron gate. Once the backgrounds were dry I used distressed ink to stamp a very faint spider web in two corners of each card. I stamped and embossed the image and distressed and embossed the edges of each card. To complete the card I have added a Spook Alley Looking Glass to each made by Making Memories.

Even though each card is similar the Glimmer Mist gave every card a unique and subtle background. I do need to add the finishing touches on a few of them but in total there will only be 10 of each card. Two of the 10 are spoken for as they will go with the boxes when they are planted leaving 8 to trade in sets of three.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails