Saturday, June 5, 2010

Greenbelt AM Stroll - Dragon Boat Festival




The one bad thing about being an early riser (week day's 5 a.m.) is that my internal clock does not make a switch on the weekends. No matter how late I am up it seems like I still magically wide awake between 5 and 6 a.m. And if I am not awake my little dark brown furry alarm clock (Jay the Pei) is standing at the side of the bed staring at me. Unlike Raisin he never makes any noise he just stares. It is absolutely the funniest thing. This morning was the same as always I was awake at 5 a.m. but managed to drift in and out of a light sleep until about 6:15 a.m. By then Jay and I were both too restless and got our morning moving. We got Raisin up and the three of us headed down to the Greenbelt for an early morning stroll. We needed to check on The Dragon Boat Festival box that is down there just to make sure it was still alive and well. I had checked on it in February but had a report that it could not be found. Even though the morning was overcast and everything was damp from the rain last night it was a beautiful walk along the river. I even saw a deer but was not fast enough to capture it on film. The few snap shots I did manage to take are off of my cell phone. Since I had the Pei on their leashes I didn't want to mess around with the digital camera. We spent about an hour walking the Greenbelt and it was glorious out. Time to get into the shower and really get my day started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails