Monday, August 30, 2010

Re-Carved Lizmans Fish Kiss Stamp By Accident






While at Wallowa Lake (Joseph, Oregon) for the Bronze Blues and Brews Event a few weeks ago I did a very fast re-carve of a missing stamp called "Fish Kiss." I was pleased as punch to move it to a new hiding spot and have one less missing box. Upon returning to Boise I kept forgetting to update the box and it's active status. This evening I finally remembered and that is when I noticed that I had actually re-carved a stamp that Lizman carved when he was 11 years old. Dang! I really like to let the kids do their own carvings without my intervention and should have had him re-carve it for me now that he is 16. How did he grow up so fast? I guess this explains why I did not recall carving this stamp in the first place. My only saving grace is that I carved it on the fly and I will admit that it is not my best image to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails