Saturday, November 13, 2010

Morning Delight in a Tiny Fur Coat






This morning was a bit of a race for me. I had an all day training class and slept poorly the night before. The Pei's of Adventure and I walked the neighborhood before I served up breakfast. As I sat down at the dining room table for a hurried bowl of shredded wheat cereal and soy milk I looked up and out the glass of the back door and to my delight there was a family of squirrels in our tree that suffered the wind damage this summer. I have often seen adult squirrels in our trees and eating out of our wild bird feeders but this is the first time I have seen any babies. There were three babies and two adults running up and down the tree. They were as cute as a button and I could have sat and watched them all day. I am not sure when I will see them again but I stopped at Zamzows and picked up some squirrel food on my way home tonight. Can't let those babies (especially the runt of the litter) go without some TLC as the days are growing colder.

Ages ago I received a web page link titled "Chronicles Of A Scooby Snack." The site features the rescue of a baby squirrel and it's survival story. It was amazing to watch this little fellow named Scooby grow and thrive. If you like squirrel's you will love this link:

http://underthesonfarm.com/scooby.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails