Sunday, June 26, 2011

Start the Car and Bring Your Appetite - Hudson's Hamburgers





I found additional proof that Sunset Magazine is tracking my every movement. My best friend's daughter was married yesterday at a lovely ceremony here in Boise. I attended her bridal shower and one of the gifts I gave her was a book titled Hamburger America and cash to eat at Hudson's Hamburgers in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. The couple is driving to Coeur d'Alene on Friday for their honeymoon.

This weekend Anthony is in Coeur d'Alene for a baseball tournament (I had to miss out on the trip because of the wedding). I recommended that he stop by Hudson's for a burger too. He called me from there as he was polishing off a double cheese burger with onions and pickles. Very tasty lunch in his book.

The next thing I know there is another article in the July 2011 Sunset Magazine. They list Sunset's 25 absolutely best places to eat along the Western highways. And who did they list in Idaho for burgers? Well, none other than Hudson's Hamburgers in Coeur d'Alene. Anthony said there was even a long line after he received his piping hot burger. The funny thing about Hudson's is they do not serve any side dishes except pie and drinks. They have been in business since 1907. I guess if the recipe for success works don't change. I wonder if my phone is tapped? I will have to watch out for sneaky reporters the next time I recommend a good old fashioned meal to my friends and family while they are traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails