Tuesday, July 26, 2011

NW Harry Potter Party Was Magical






















On Saturday July 16th I attended the NW Harry Potter Party Event in Washington. I was so fortunate to be included with the planning committee prior to and during the event. It gave me the chance to give back a little and to see how much time and effort they had put into the event. It was absolutely amazing. In addition it gave me a chance to meet a wonderful group of letterboxing women who are very talented (both at planting and carving). I owe a special thank you to Roots and Shoots Redmond who took me in during my stay and included me in all the fun and craziness while I was there. Her family was so thoughtful and a lot of fun to be around.

The location of the event at St. Edward State Park in Kenmore, Washington was beyond perfect. With the dining hall, black lake and forbidden forest the setting was straight out of the movies.

It was so much fun to meet the local boxers after they registered for the event. Hogwarts Dining Hall was buzzing in no time and the stamps and ink were flying. The Daily Prophet featured a schedule of events and included everything from a H.I.P.'s table opening, Owls and Prefect Exams, Diagon Alley Tours, Gringotts Cold Cash Grab and Raffle Baskets. All of this was in addition to 18 pages of clues featuring a host of amazing boxes and ton's of Harry Potter Trivia. There was just no way to see and do it all. I had the best time and appreciate all the time, love and creativity that went into the event. I tip my witches hat in appreciation to everyone who contributed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails