Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pixar Fun LTC Bug's Life Creations














I have been working diligently the past couple of evenings on my Pixar Fun LTC cards. These cards are for a ring being hosted by SereneBender. I have had the carving done for ages and ages but the actual ATC construction I saved for the last possible moment. I am not sure why I did that but here I am finally finishing the batch. I hope to have them in the mail tomorrow or on Thursday.

When I thought of Pixar I immediately envisioned very bright colorful images. Flick and Atta brought to mind nature and greenery. I didn't want the background to compete with the image but I still wanted it to be bold and bright.

I stamped my carving and embossed the image. I colored it with my Copic Markers both inside and outside the image. I then stamped a small leaf image around the outside of my carving with black ink. I wanted to soften up the card a little so the last step was to add Meadow colored Flower Soft randomly over the top of the stamped leaves. Flower Soft added just enough dimension to the cards to make them pop. http://www.flower-soft.com I purchased flower soft locally at Archivers. Even though I have used it on 25 cards it looks like the container is still completely full. A little goes a long way. I adhered the Flower Soft with my Zig 2 Way Glue pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails