Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sneak Peek - Wizard of Oz - Toto



I do not normally post an LTC before the box is active in the wilds. However, I was really having fun creating an LTC for the 5th Wizard of Oz Box of the Month carving after returning from the trail this morning and I could not resist a sneak peek of Dorothy's faithful furry friend Toto. The colbalt blue ribbon, embossed image and Copic Markers are standard LTC tools for me. What is unique about these cards is the hand stitching.

I have a set of Playful Puppy Templates by In Stitch'z by Bazzill. I cut my card stock, added the ribbon and then pierced the paper using the Piercing Tool and hand stitched the word "Ruff" using the new Sew Easy Fancy Floss that Santa brought me from Memory Keepers. I didn't want the words to jump off the card and detract from Toto receiving all the attention so I used the coral reef and white embroider floss instead of the darker more prominent colors. I like the playfulness of the stitching. The good news I have an entire month to get these stitched before Toto hit the trail. Happy Tail Wagging and LTC creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails