Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Letterboxing Chiller Strikes Again














Just when I thought the Letterboxing Chiller was just a myth Anthony and I attempted to find a series of three Letterboxes that I had been hoping to find in Coeur d’Alene Friday morning. After double checking our solved cipher clues at IHOP (we solved these back in 2007) we hit the trail and everything was looking good. That was until the Chillers touch started working its magic as we found ourselves in the forest searching and searching for boxes that we could not locate. Each time we would get as far as finding the clearing, checking the compass readings and then never being able to find the boxes under or in the pine trees. It was almost maddening. After two failed attempts we decided it was time to call it a day before frustrations hit a peak.


I did check with the owner and she checked the boxes the next morning and low and behold they were there. I can only blame it on the Letterboxer Chiller being with me.

In the mean time we went antiquing, had a wonderful lunch at Tito’s Italian Grill and Wine Shop, picked out chocolates at the Coeur d’ Alene’s Chocolate shop and I even got fitted for three new silver toe rings while we were in town. All and all it ended up being a wonderful day as long as we stayed off the Letterboxing trail.

By late afternoon there was a huge rain storm and the game that Anthony was scheduled to umpire for was cancelled. They were able to reschedule the game so there was a double header on Saturday. The timing of two games on Saturday worked out perfectly for me because that left me to my own devices to try Letterboxing without the Chiller for a day and to meet up with SonDog and her son for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails