Monday, December 1, 2014

Hello Kitty Santa's Helper LTC

 Deciding on the perfect color of embossing powder for the cards. 
 
I didn't have a green embossing powder as dark as I would have liked so I stamped the image in black ink and then added the Sea Mist Pearls embossing powder.  The combination of the dark ink and the light powder gave me the dark green I was hoping for.

Each image appears to be unique as the background paper from Tim Holtz adds a lot of holiday fun behind the image.

I still needed the image to pop just a bit so it did not completely blend into the background.  I added some color using my Copic Markers selecting colors that were just a bit brighter then the actual colors in the paper.

After mounting the Tim Holtz Christmas paper to a sea foam colored background card stock I added a layer of Sparkle Glaze to the cards (Delta Ceramcoat).  When dry this adds a clear iridescent sparkle to each of the LTC's.  I will allow this to dry overnight but if you want to add another coat you should wait about 20 to 30 minutes between applications.

The LTC's in the process of drying.  Each is unique as the colors of the printed paper behind Santa's Helper is slightly different.  You can't see the iridescent sparkle very well in the pictures but in person it is very obvious without detracting from the actual carving or card as a whole.  It gives just the right amount of holiday sparkle to the cards.




This stamp and the LTC cards were created for the Art of Christmas LTC Tracker hosted by Shark Boy and Lava Girl.  I was not feeling inspired by any particular Christmas images so when in doubt my motto is "Carve a Kitty - Hello Kitty That Is."  You can never have enough Hello Kitty's floating around and with my Traveling Even Box of Hello Kitty images there is always room for one more.  I have also discovered that there is a Hello Kitty for every occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails