Friday, January 23, 2015

Always Check Under the Covers












Our cruise ship steward on the Carnival Breeze decorated our cabin each evening with a different towel animal. These towel animals have been so popular that Carnival even has a book on how to make Carnival towel animals and we also attended an on board towel folding folding class one afternoon.

I thought the towel animals were too fun not to continue so ever now and then Cruise Ship Kelly ambushes Mr. Dally with a creative surprise on his side of the bed.  I purchased a used book off of Amazon called Towel Folding 101 - Discover the Wonderful World of Towel Origami.  Originally I was going to purchase the book on board but I wanted to mix it up a little and have completely different animals than the ones we had already seen.

In December I created two small black and white penguins utilizing washcloths.  I discovered that there is a bit of a learning curve with towel origami.  You should always practice your folding ahead of time and make sure to have your props right at hand (double sided tape, safety pins, buttons etc.).  I also discovered that fabric softener is not your friend.  If your towels are too soft they do not fold well and are floppy.  Since they left us chocolates each night I decided to step it up a notch with holiday truffles to accompany the penguins.  Yesterday I created a giant red scorpion from two red full sized bath towels.  Seated next to him were two Bundtlets cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes.

Who knows what creature or sweet treat will show up next!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails