Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cinderella of the Sea LTC








I am signed up for an LTC Tracker by Aiphid that involves the use of Mod Podge.  I do not create with Mod Podge very often only because I am a very messy artist and end up with it everywhere.  I think this evening I must have used about 30 baby wipes just trying not to wear more of it than I used on the cards.  I am in a bit of a hurry to get my LTC commitments for February out the door as we will be traveling to Florida and I do not want to be the LTC artist holding up the exchange.

You can see in my pictures that my Mod Podge is still a bit wet but you get the idea of the finished card.  I will probably add a second layer of Mod Podge to the cards to seal everything in nicely. 

First I carved Cinderella of the Sea.  Then I stamped her with Versa Fine - Onyx Black ink (my favorite ink for great details) and embossed her with clear embossing powder.  Colored her with Copic Markers and trimmed around the image.  Then I tore rice paper in two different colors (using a wet paint brush) and added the rice paper to the cards.  I selected a very large store bought stamp to give me an old world nautical map as my background.  I stamped the image over the rice papers and embossed once again.  I adhered Cinderella of the Sea and then covered the entire card with Mod Podge using a paint brush and smoothing it with a mini roller (also known as a brayer).  I am still peeling glue from my fingers but am happy with the end results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails