Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Letterboxing in Colorado - St. Vrain Greenway Series














Monday I dedicated to letterboxing. It was hard to shift my mind away from Steampunk but it was time for me to get back on the trail. After some texting with W S M and C I headed out to locate her 2 remaining boxes (originally there were three in the series) at the St. Vrain Greenway. Fortunately this was not too far from where I was staying in Longmont and it was just a hop, skip and a jump down the road from the Spring Hill Suites.

The St. Vrain Greenway is a great outdoor path that runs along the river in Longmont, Colorado. I saw many people exercising their furry friends, bicycling, jogging, walking and even rollerblading down the path while I was in search of the boxes. I was deep in Muggle territory while on the trail. The clues were perfect and I even had a spot to log in my finds without suspicion after locating box # 1 and box # 3. I did encounter a mouse at Box # 1 (eeek!) but he seemed more interested in fleeing than fighting over the box. I will also admit that the sun was very warm even early in the morning without a lot of shade for protection. I was wilting quickly in the heat without my baseball cap and my hair out of my face. On my way to Box # 3 I planted my Flick Loves Atta box and I plan to get the clues posted tomorrow.

I hope the next time I return that Box # 2 is available again. I would love to visit the little shops that are mentioned in the clues. Thank you to W S M and C for the great boxes and the clues that were fun to follow. Also for the moral support via text. It never hurts to have friends just a text away when you are alone on the trail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails