Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lock Shock and Barrel LTC's

One 12 x 12 Sheet of Card Stock Trimmed into 15 Cards (5 of each image)
Tim Holtz Seasonal idea-ology

Stamped and Embossed Each Image

Added Store Purchased Stamped Images
Fiskars - Creepy Crawly




Tonight I started working on Letterbox Trading Cards (LTC's) from the stamps I carved last week.  I need to get Lock, Shock and Barrel into the mail so I started on them first.  I had one sheet of paper from a Tim Holtz seasonal idea-ology paper pack that I really liked.  I trimmed each separate image down a wee bit smaller than 3 1/2 x 2/1/2 inches so I could mount the paper on black card stock since the paper was not quite 2 1/2 inches horizontally.  Each backgrounds is different but subtle enough that I thought the images stamped and embossed in black would still really pop.

Once each image was stamped and embossed I added some Creepy Crawley images from Fiskars.  I ink distressed the edges of each card, mounted them on black card stock and added a bit of bling too.  I really like the final results of the Lock, Shock and Barrel LTC's because they are simple and clean without over powering the images.  Each card is different because of the unique backgrounds but they all have the same feel.

I could not resist photographing each of the LTC's with the small Jim Shore Nightmare Before Christmas Statues I have.  The Nightmare Before Christmas Journal in the background was a gift from my sister Michelle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails