Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pokemon Go Letterbox of the Month - Pikachu











I feel like I lived through the Pokemon craze as Alex was growing up.  We have a million Pokemon cards floating around the house and I have seen and purchased more Pokemon movies, games and novelty items than you can imagine.

I had sort of lost connection with Pokemon until Pokemon Go launched here in the United States.  Alex was eager to share the new technology with me and I have to say I was impressed.  Finally a video game that gets folks off the couch and out their front door.  I loaded it on my phone and was amazed that I can actually play.  I am a notoriously bad video game player.  But hay I can toss a Pokeball on my phone and catch Pokemon.

Pokemon Go has really given me a bit more to enjoy while waking Jay the two to three times a day that we head out.  Instead of just watching him sniff and mark the neighborhood (he is like a camel) I can also catch Pokemon.

I thought it would be fun to combine Pokemon Go with Letterboxing so I have launched a Pokemon Letterbox of the Month here in Boise and my first carving is Pikachu.  Pikachu is the most popular and recognizable Pokemon there is.  I have also whipped together a  Letterbox Trading Card (LTC) to accompany the Letterbox.   Each month a new wild tribal Pokemon will be placed at a different Pokestop and the previous Pokemon will disappear (just like they do on Pokemon Go).  So our local Letterboxing community will be able to Letterbox and play Pokemon Go all at the same time.  And don't you just love my snazzy socks and Pikachu co-pilot!  Gotta Catch 'Em All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails