Thursday, April 22, 2010

Howdy From Idaho LTC A Taste of the West


I have been working on some new LTC's tonight of a pretty large stamp I carved for an event out of state. Although only a portion of the image fits on the card I am really liking the simplicity of the card I created.

First I used Glimmer Mist on the white card. Then I stamped and embossed the cowboy's face on old sheet music I found at a thrift store (a great way to re-purpose used items). I gave him a more distressed look by spraying glimmer mist over the top of the image. I then distressed and embossed the edges of the card and distressed (without embossing) the torn cowboy image. I adhered the image to the card with double sided mounting tape to give him just a little bit of a lift. Even though the card is simple in it's assembly I am really pleased with the overall feel of the card. And no two cards are alike.

In my crafting life (aside from Letterbox creating) I have been doing a lot with distressing and playing with different backgrounds. I am finally moving past my Halloween inspired cards on my crafting blogs to play with other colors and images. Some of my most recent card creations can be viewed at my Otherside of Wonderland Blog:

http://www.blackvelvetrav.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails